The StrongStart Facilitator performs a variety of duties related to family literacy, numeracy, parent support and education, stages of early childhood development and community resource sharing.
REGULAR STRONGSTART FACILITATOR
Sk’aadgaa Naay Elementary School
START DATE: Effective as soon as possible
SALARY: $32.05 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Eight hours (8) per week
This position reports directly to the School Principal or designate. The StrongStart Facilitator
performs a variety of duties related to family literacy, numeracy, parent support and education,
stages of early childhood development and community resource sharing.
• Early Childhood Education (ECE) with a current license to practice;
• One to two years experience in a related field, i.e. early childhood education, teaching;
recreation, social work, community development;
• Training and/or experience working with children in the 0-5 age range;
• Training and/or experience working with parents/adults in a facilitative role;
• Knowledge of Haida Gwaii community services;
• Knowledge of relevant early learning programs and services;
• An understanding of local Indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary
If no qualified applicants are identified, the position may be filled on a temporary basis
with a candidate who is actively enrolled in an approved ECE training program and
mentored by an ECE with a current license to practice.
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69
Village of Daajing Giids, BC V0T 1S0
Facsimile: (250) 559-8849 E-mail: email@example.com
Application Deadline: Tuesday October 10, 2023 at 3:00pm
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to
employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to qualified new hires with Haida and/or other Indigenous ancestry who
have demonstrated knowledge and experience of Haida culture.
Today is the day to gain explore our training library and apply for new skills training and certifications. Improve your eligibility with WorkLabNorth.Explore Training