Early Childhood Educator leads before/after school care and works collaboratively with the kindergarten teacher in facilitating the seamless day for kindergarten and primary students.
JOB OPPORTUNITY NOTICE
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
Sk’aadgaa Naay Elementary School
START DATE: Effective as soon as possible until the return of the incumbent or
no later than June 28, 2024
SALARY: $32.05 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Four (4) hours per day, five days per week
Under the supervision of the principal or designate, the Early Childhood Educator leads
before/after school care and works collaboratively with the kindergarten teacher in
facilitating the seamless day for kindergarten and primary students. Knowledge of early
childhood education is essential to this position.
• Completed Post-Secondary certificate or Diploma as an Early Childhood Educator.
• Valid Childsafe First Aid Certificate.
• Clear criminal record check and up to date immunizations as required by the Child Care
• Current Early Childhood Educator’s Certificate to Practice from the BC government’s ECE
• A minimum of two (2) years of recent experience within a licensed child care setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the British Columbia Early Learning Framework and
Indigenous Early Learning and Child Care Framework.
• Experience creating, organizing, planning and implementing an early learning program.
• Demonstrated evidence of strong communication skills, (verbal, written and electronic
formats) and ability to work as part of a team with colleagues, parents and children.
• Strong problem-solving and organizational skills ability to work with minimal supervision.
An understanding of local indigenous history and culture as well as contemporary
Please forward applications to:
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii)
PO Box 69 Village of Daajing Giids, BC V0T 1S0
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 250-559-8849
Application Deadline: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 3:00 PM
School District No. 50 (Haida Gwaii) hires on the basis of merit and is committed to
employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to
qualified new hires with Haida and/or other Indigenous ancestry who have demonstrated knowledge and
experience of Haida culture.
Today is the day to gain explore our training library and apply for new skills training and certifications. Improve your eligibility with WorkLabNorth.Explore Training