What is BladeRunners?
BladeRunners is a 10-week training and personal growth program. This program will inspire participants to think creatively, design ideas, have the confidence to act, lead, and gain skills to succeed at post-secondary training.
- Short Term Skills Training: Learn 2 Drive, SuperHost, First Aid, Mental Health First Aid, and FoodSafe.
- Personal and Life Skills: Self-care, nutrition on a budget, personal budgeting, rights and responsibilities, and more.
- Essential and Employment Skills: Communication, resumes, interview skills, vocabulary, numeracy, and more.
- Special guests, 3D printing, creative activities, book club, and community engagement.
- Participants will move into advanced training or employment upon completion of the program.
- Additional Supports include lunch/food allowances, laptops for training, transportation funds, and success incentives.
Who should join?
- People between the ages of 16 – 30.
- People who are unemployed, under-employed, or precariously employed.
- People facing barriers to further education and/or employment.
- People thinking of going to college or returning to school.