Member Service Representative, Cash
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - CASH
Reports To: Assistant Branch Manager or Member Service Supervisor
Every employee must honour the vision, mission and values of Northern Savings Credit Union.
The Member Service Representative - Cash (MSR - Cash) is a key position in the branch providing routine cash financial transaction through exemplary member service. The MSR - Cash is usually the primary point of contact for existing and new members and can foster relationships through service excellence and broad product knowledge.
- Processes wide range of cash financial transactions while offering a suite of deposit products.
- Is knowledgeable in all Northern Savings Credit Union financial products and services to enable referrals to Financial Services Representatives, retail and Business Services, wealth management and insurance (life, property and casualty).
- Takes ownership of member issues and complaints, resolving and referring as appropriate.
- Presents a professional image to members and internal customers (other staff).
- Continually markets the benefits of membership to non-members to grow the member base.
- Other duties may be assigned periodically.
- Engages in positive internal customer interactions which support a positive, respectful workplace that promotes team success.
- Collaborates with staff in addressing services issues and member concerns.
- Fosters a culture consistent with the credit union’s values and service philosophy.
- Actively participates in team meetings.
- Has excellent knowledge of processes and procedures that apply to the MSR role.
- Identifies process improvements and escalates to supervisor.
- Ensures that all interactions with members and fellow staff are completed in a professional and timely manner.
Risk Management and Financial Health:
- Meets compliance, confidentiality and regulatory requirements and abides by management policy and branch procedures.
- Understands authorities with respect to overrides, waiving service charge and negotiable items custodial duties.
- Maintains cash limits and combinations in accordance with Northern Savings policies and procedures.
- High School diploma is a requirement.
- Completion of post-secondary education is an asset.
- Completion of CUSOURCE and/or CU Training courses related to this position is an asset.
- Previous sales and service experience is required.
- Previous financial services experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated sales and service skills.
- Broad knowledge of products and services required.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work within time constraints, under pressure and competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate and liaise professionally with members, potential customers, community groups and co-workers while maintaining confidentiality.
- Working knowledge, skills and experience in Microsoft Office.