Services for Newcomers

Our New Location at 125 Market Place, Prince Rupert


The Settlement Services Office in Prince Rupert continues to serve clients in-person and online, by phone, email, and video conferencing.

We now offer the following services to newcomers:

In-person meeting schedule:

Mondays and Wednesdays at 1030 am, 1130 am and 1 pm

Thursdays at 9 am and 10 am; Fridays at 9 am, 10 am and 1 pm

Online video sessions can also be arranged for various times, including Tuesday and Thursday evenings fat 5 pm

1 on 1 Meetings – set up individual appointments to meet in-person, by phone or live video conferencing sessions to help you with immigration forms, citizenship, or employment, or referring you to community and government services. 1 on 1 individual tutoring sessions are now available by appointment. Please contact or 250-624-9498 to set up a meeting time and tell us your preference for in-person phone, or online. You will need to have a computer with internet, a microphone and webcam.

Informal English Conversation Circles

(stopped for summer, but will start again in mid-August)

Welcome to Prince Rupert Friday Podcast – each week for newcomers, we are preparing a local podcast to share service updates, tips for what to do and see around town, local news, English language learning tips, ESL resources, community calendar, and more.

Knowledge Base of Online Resources for Newcomers – the Settlement Services Team will be building up a resource page of links, learning resources, and videos and podcasts – under construction

To learn more about the services we offer, please contact us by phone and leave a message at 250-624-9498  or send an email to

Online Request Forms for Newcomers – The Settlement Services Team will be responding to information and materials requests.

Please complete the online form requesting information at or complete the materials request form at


Our services for newcomers and immigrants are available free of charge in Prince Rupert thanks to funding from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and BC Settlement and Integration Services.


Funded by: BC Settlement and Integration Services